Sunday 21 February 2016

20 Things for My Twenties

Hello,

Sorry it's been two weeks since my last post, but I'm back! My birthday is fast approaching, and in a month exactly today I'm no longer going to be a teenager - how scary. So, I decided that I would write a post on 20 things I aim to do in my twenties. It's a long one, but I hope you enjoy!


1.  See the World
Okay, so I know I mention travelling a lot, but I just really I want to see the world. In my 20's, I would love to travel around Australia, Thailand, and Vietnam to name a few.

2. Move Away
In my 20's I aim to move in with Josh and buy our own house - how bloody scary and exciting!! I am so excited to have somewhere that I can call mine and decorate it ALL. Eeee!

3. Save Money
I'm starting to realise that as I get older, I can no longer take on the frame of mind that I don't need to save money. It's hitting me that as you get older responsibilities also grow, so I best get saving up!

4. Get Organised
I say this pretty much every year of my life, but I aim to be a more organised person in my 20's. I love planning things for others, but when it comes to myself, not so much...

5. Skydive
So this is a random one but I've just always wanted to do a skydive. The plan is to do one in the next few years for charity, come on Soph!

6. Find my dream job (hm, hopefully!)
This is a big ask, but I really hope that I manage to find something I love. I study International Business Studies, so it's quite a broad degree and I'm still not sure what I want to do. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon!

7. Friendship
As we all grow up and get older, it'll be a test to see which friendship stay strong and which weaken. I'm excited to see where my friendships will go in the future, and I feel this next decade will show me!

8. Appreciate the little things
I like to think I already do this, but I'm going to make sure that as I get older I don't lose track of the importance of little things in life.

9. Family
My family are some of the most important people in my life, and I'm excited to spend more time with them as we all get older. My mum especially, I can't wait to treat her to things she's treated me too in my younger years.

10. Paintballing (ha!)
Similar to Skydiving, this is another random one I want to do. But, why not!?

11. Stop overthinking 
Guilty. I am a overthinker. But, somethings you can't help and just happen so in my twenties I vow to myself to just let things happen as they do!

12. Graduating 
So. Bloody. Scary. This time in two years I'd have completed three years at University, and be close to finishing. Stay posted for those graduation photos, ha!

13. Visit family abroad
I have a large family dotted all over the world, from Hungary to Jerusalem to Australia. Some I've never even met, so I would love to do this soon.

14. Weddings
I've only even been to one wedding in my life about 10 years ago, so as we all grow up I'm hoping this number rises. I can't wait to cry at how beautiful all my friends look!

15. Eat healthier
Cliche, I know. I am so bad when it comes to snacking, and I want to keep up a healthy routine, especially as I start working.

16. Adventures with Josh
Josh and I are big on doing things rather than buying things, and I'm super duper excited to see the world and make so many new memories together.

17. See the Northern Lights
Is there any need to explain why? They're just insanely beautiful.

18. Get a hobby
I always regret the fact I never got into something as a child, but it's never too late. I'm going to make it my mission to find a hobby soon!

19. Eat a bagel, in New York!
It's the dream. I just want to go shopping in NYC and be totally stereotypical. It's any shopaholics dream!

20, Finally, laughter.
One of the most important things in life is to be happy. I can't wait to live, laugh and love even more in my twenties.

Soph xx

No comments:

Post a Comment